Hey, y’all! Many of y’all write to me requesting appetizer recipes – which is, arguably, my speciality. If you ask me about the best appetizer that is easy to prepare, I’ll always say that there’s no better option than my Spinach Dip and Hawaiian Bread. This is a classic recipe that works in a variety of settings: taking it to a party, to a potluck, to a tailgate — it’ll be a crowd-favorite wherever you go! My Spinach Dip and Hawaiian Bread appetizer is truly foolproof and has only four ingredients!
Originally published in May 2019, most recently updated May 2021.
Spinach Dip and Hawaiian Bread: Easy Party Appetizer
Spinach Dip and Hawaiian Bread
- 10 oz Frozen Spinach cooked and well-drained
- 16 oz Sour Cream full-fat
- 1 oz Dry Ranch Seasoning
- 1 loaf King's Hawaiian Bread (circular)
- Cook frozen spinach according to directions on bag; drain until all juice is gone.
- Combine spinach, sour cream, and dry ranch mix; stir until fully-combined. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove the top and middle parts of the King’s Hawaiian Bread. Using the center as a bowl, scoop spinach dip into the bread and use removed hunks for dipping. Enjoy!
Love this appetizer? Check out my other recipes here!
JC’s note: This recipe is as simple as it gets — however, there are a few steps that must be followed to ensure quality. First and foremost, using frozen spinach makes this recipe come together in a jiffy! And while I love the quality of frozen spinach, please note that there will be an immense amount of juice that you will need to drain. My favorite method of doing so is by squeezing the spinach: simply place the spinach in a paper towel and squeeze with full-strength. This will ensure that the spinach is dry and doesn’t compromise the dip quality and/or make it watery!
Y’all come back now, ya hear?
Keep Up With JCP Eats
Thank you so much for visiting the blog today! I’d love to keep in touch via social media. You can follow my content on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Tik Tok, Twitter, and LinkedIn. I also author a sister website to JCP Eats, Unabashedly Southern, on which I write about southern lifestyle. Read Unabashedly Southern here.
Love the recipe for my Spinach Dip and Hawaiian Bread appetizer? Check out my other recipes here!