Hey, y’all! It’s Derby Season — and as we are entering the final stretch, I’m excited to share several recipes here on the blog for you to enjoy at your Kentucky Derby Party! To kick things off this week, I’m going to be sharing cocktails that will be perfect accompaniments to your 2021 Derby Experience. All are tried and true Kentucky drinks and are simply delicious! Today I’m sharing one of my favorites: a Gin Mint Julep, a fun take on a classic Kentucky Derby Party Cocktail! If you love gin — this is the perfect cocktail recipe for you!
Gin Mint Julep: Kentucky Derby Party Cocktails
Gin Mint Julep
- 2.5 oz. good quality gin
- 1.5 oz. simple syrup
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- 6 Mint Leaves more for garnish
- crushed ice
- In the bottom of a julep cup, muddle mint leaves and simple syrup. This will extract the oil from the mint to flavor the cocktail. Add in lime juice and stir.
- Liberally fill glass with crushed ice.
- Pour gin over ice. Lightly stir.
- Garnish with mint + enjoy!
So easy and so refreshing, y’all — I know all at your Kentucky Derby Party will love the Gin Julep!
Enjoy + cheers, y’all!
Y’all come back now, ya hear?
Did you enjoy the recipe for a Gin Mint Julep: Kentucky Derby Party Cocktails? Read my other blog posts here.