Hey, y’all – Happy Day 3 of Blogmas! Blogmas is a series that I am bringing to the blog this year (and hopefully in subsequent years) that will provide y’all with a new recipe every day of December through Christmas. How fun is that? Today I’m excited to be sharing my granny’s recipe for the ultimate southern deviled eggs. Jude is known for these — and, needless to say, they are finger lickin’ good.
The Ultimate Southern Deviled Eggs
- 1 dozen eggs large
- 1/4 c. mayonnaise full-fat, I recommend Duke’s
- 4 tbsp. sweet pepper relish chow chow can be substituted
- 1.5 tbsp. dijon mustard I recommend Grey Poupon
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 4-6 dashes hot sauce optional
- Bring eggs in a large pot to a rolling boil; turn off heat, cover, and allow eggs to cook for 20 minutes.
- Place eggs in an ice bath to stop cooking; when cool, peel.
- Cut the eggs in half. Scoop out the yolks, place them in separate bowl, and gently mash with fork. Add mayonnaise, sweet pepper relish, dijon mustard, salt, and pepper to the yolks. Mix until well-combined.
- Fill egg whites with the mixture and top with paprika.
Ain’t no egg like a deviled egg, am I right or am I right?
Y’all come back now, ya hear?
Keep Up With JCP Eats
Thank you so much for visiting the blog today! I’d love to keep in touch via social media. You can follow my content on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Tik Tok, Twitter, and LinkedIn. I also author a sister website to JCP Eats, Unabashedly Southern, on which I write about southern lifestyle. Read Unabashedly Southern here.
Enjoy my Ultimate Southern Deviled Eggs? Check out my other recipes here!