Hey, y'all! Today I’m excited to be sharing my recipe for the perfect southern cole slaw. I like many varieties of slaw - both sweet and tangy; while this variety is tangy, I'll be sure to bring you a sweet version soon!Jump to Recipe
Perfect Southern Cole Slaw
- 2 lbs. chopped cabbage I buy it already chopped & bagged in the grocery store -- the variety with green cabbage, purple cabbage, and carrots
- 1 ¾ c. mayonnaise recommended: Duke's
- ¼ c. dijon mustard recommended: Grey Poupon
- 2.5 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. whole grain mustard
- 1.5 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. celery flakes
- 1 tbsp. black pepper
- 1-1.5 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- Place cabbage + carrot mixture in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, dijon mustard, sugar, apple cider vinegar, celery flakes, black pepper, salt, garlic powder, and onion powder. Add desired amount of dressing to the cabbage, mixing until well-incorporated. I recommend putting about ⅔ of the mixture on and scaling up from there (I like it all, personally, but some want less).
- Can be served cold or at room temperature; I prefer it cold.
Y’all come back now, ya hear?
Keep Up With JCP Eats
Thank you so much for visiting the blog today! I’d love to keep in touch via social media. You can follow my content on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Tik Tok, Twitter, and LinkedIn. I also author a sister website to JCP Eats, Unabashedly Southern, on which I write about southern lifestyle. Read Unabashedly Southern here.
Enjoy my Perfect Southern Cole Slaw? Check out my other recipes here!