Hey, y'all! I recently shared a recipe for my creamy feta + honey dip - and as promised, I'm bringing y'all the perfect main course recipe to accompany it: my comforting lemon, chicken, and rice soup! There are few soups that I love more. The robust lemon flavor makes this soup a standout and I know that y'all are going to love it!Jump to Recipe
Lemon Chicken and Rice Soup
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 4 stalks celery chopped
- 4 carrots chopped
- 2 c. brown rice cooked (I buy the frozen, microwaveable kind)
- 1.5 vidalia onions chopped
- 8 oz. feta cheese crumbles
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 48 oz. chicken broth reduced sodium
- 1 c. water
- ⅔ c. fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. fresh dill
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- lemon pepper seasoning to taste
- onion powder to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- scallions chopped for garnish
- extra virgin olive oil
- Cook boneless, skinless chicken breast in a skillet until done. Season with kosher salt, black pepper, lemon pepper seasoning, onion powder, and garlic powder. Shred (I like to use my stand mixer).
- Cook frozen brown rice according to instructions on the box.
- Over medium heat in a soup pot or dutch oven, sauté celery, carrots, onions, and garlic in extra virgin olive oil. Stir constantly and do not let garlic burn. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add in chicken stock + water and bring the soup to a boil.
- Stir in shredded chicken, rice, and lemon juice. Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Add in fresh dill + season with kosher salt and black pepper, to taste. Top with chopped scallions and crumbled feta cheese.
Y’all come back now, ya hear?
Keep Up With JCP Eats
Thank you so much for visiting the blog today! I’d love to keep in touch via social media. You can follow my content on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Tik Tok, Twitter, and LinkedIn. I also author a sister website to JCP Eats, Unabashedly Southern, on which I write about southern lifestyle. Read Unabashedly Southern here.
Enjoy my Lemon Chicken and Rice Soup? Check out my other recipes here!
Leave a Reply