Hey, y'all! There is no food that I love more than chicken salad. It's easy-to-make, simple, and very reminiscent of my youth south of the Mason-Dixon Line. While there are many varieties that I love, I don't think that a classic, southern chicken salad can be rivaled. It's thick, flavorful, and should - in my opinion - have a grape in every bite. Looking for a recipe that you'll enjoy for years to come? Look no further than my guide on how to make the best southern chicken salad!
How To Make The Best Southern Chicken Salad
How to Serve
My chicken salad serves well with artisanal crackers, makes the perfect sandwich, pairs fantastic with celery and other raw vegetables, yet is best served on a buttery croissant. It's the perfect recipe to serve at a luncheon!
The Best Southern Chicken Salad
- Stand mixer
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken white meat only
- 4 stalks Celery diced
- 3 c. purple seedless grapes halved
- 1 ⅛ c. mayonnaise can add more for desired consistency
- ½ c. sour cream
- 1.5 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- Kosher salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Croissants halved
- Bibb lettuce washed
- Remove white meat from rotisserie chicken; chop and add to a mixing bowl.
- Thoroughly wash celery, dice, and add to the bowl.
- Add mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to the same bowl. Fold in all ingredients with a spatula.
- Using a stand mixer, mix on the lowest power setting until everything is evenly combined. Stop frequently to stir with your spatula, being careful to not over-mix. If the mixture needs more mayonnaise, salt, or pepper, add at your discretion.
- Cut grapes in half and fold them into the chicken salad.
- Slice croissants in half, add washed bibb lettuce, and add desired amount of chicken salad. Enjoy!
Y’all come back now, ya hear?
Keep Up With JCP Eats
Thank you so much for visiting the blog today! I’d love to keep in touch via social media. You can follow my content on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Tik Tok, Twitter, and LinkedIn. I also author a sister website to JCP Eats, Unabashedly Southern, on which I write about southern lifestyle. Read Unabashedly Southern here.
Love the recipe for the Best Southern Chicken Salad? Check out my other blog posts here!
Leave a Reply