Hey, y'all! Brussels Sprouts... they really got an unfair treatment when we were younger. How many of y'all were served them boiled, which made you instantaneously hate them? I 100% was there -- but, in adult hood, I've learned that they are easily the most delicious vegetable when prepared correctly. I'm excited to teach you one of those methods today: my Bacon + Date Brussels Sprouts. These are insanely good and y'all are going to love them!Jump to Recipe
Tips For Making Bacon + Date Brussels Sprouts
While this dish is very simple, I recommend three things: purchased already-shaved Brussels sprouts (or finely chop the larger sprouts/use a food processor if you can't find them shaved), cut the dates into very small pieces, and don't skip out on the citrus -- it brings the entire dish together!
Bacon and Date Brussels Sprouts
- 10 oz. Brussels Sprouts shaved
- 6 Slices of Bacon cooked and chopped
- 8 dates chopped
- ⅓ c. fresh parmesan
- 2.5 tbsp. Orange Juice
- 1 tbsp. Orange Zest
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- Chop bacon into small pieces and cook on the stove until it has reached just under your desired level of doneness. Do not rid of the grease.
- Add Brussels sprouts, dates, garlic powder, and onion powder to the bacon over medium-high heat and cook until the sprouts are crispy -- roughly 5 minutes.
- Finish off with orange juice and orange zest, cooking for an additional 1 min.
- Top with fresh parmesan, serve warm.
Easy and sinfully delicious, y'all.
Y’all come back now, ya hear?
Keep Up With JCP Eats
Thank you so much for visiting the blog today! I’d love to keep in touch via social media. You can follow my content on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Tik Tok, Twitter, and LinkedIn. I also author a sister website to JCP Eats, Unabashedly Southern, on which I write about southern lifestyle. Read Unabashedly Southern here.
Enjoy my Bacon and Date Brussels Sprouts? Check out my other recipes here!
Leave a Reply