Stemming from DC, Watergate Salad is a classic American recipe. With only five ingredients, it's easy to make + oh-so-delicious!
- 1 can crushed pineapple 20 oz.
- 1 box pistachio pudding mix
- 1 tub frozen whipped topping
- 1/2 c. pecans crushed
- 1 c. mini marshmallows
In a large bowl, combine crushed pineapple (with juice), pistachio pudding mix, crushed pecans, and mini marshmallows.
Fold in whipped topping; mix until well-combined.
Refrigerate + serve.
- I like to fold my whipped topping into the mix at the end; it produces the best consistency for the salad.
- Do not drain the pineapple juice!
- Use crushed pecans in the mix, with walnuts being a good substitute.
Sodium: 47mgCalcium: 53mgVitamin C: 7mgVitamin A: 93IUSugar: 32gFiber: 2gPotassium: 180mgCholesterol: 5mgCalories: 281kcalMonounsaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gFat: 12gProtein: 3gCarbohydrates: 44gIron: 1mg