Want to make Italian-style meatballs at home? Look no further than this easy-to-make version that is sure to become a household favorite!
- 1 lb. ground beef can be a mix of beef/pork if you prefer
- 1/2 c. Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 vidalia onion grated
- 1/3 c. parmesan cheese grated
- 2/3 c. milk
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. parsley
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Jersey Tomato Co. Sauce such as arrabbiata
Preheat oven to 425F.
Soak breadcrumbs in milk for 15 minutes.
Combine all ingredients, but do not overmix.
Make even-sized balls (1.5 in. – 2 in. diameter) and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the meatballs reach an internal temperature of 165F.
Heat Jersey Tomato Company Arrabbiata Sauce on the stove; add + cover meatballs; serve.
- The milk-soaked breadcrumbs will help the meatballs be moist + delicious - don't skip that step!
- To make your meatballs the same size, use an ice cream scoop.
- One of the biggest mistakes you can make when making meatballs is overmixing the ingredients. Once uniformly combined, stop mixing immediately.
Sodium: 834mgCalcium: 397mgVitamin C: 5mgVitamin A: 642IUSugar: 6gFiber: 3gPotassium: 595mgCholesterol: 140mgCalories: 549kcalTrans Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 12gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 13gFat: 32gProtein: 35gCarbohydrates: 30gIron: 5mg