Slow Cooker Taco Meat With Salsa
Looking for the most flavorful, easiest to make taco meat? Look no further than this Slow Cooker Taco Meat With Salsa!
- 2 lbs. ground beef extra lean
- 2 c. salsa of choice
- 1 vidalia onion diced
- 2 packages taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. course black pepper
Place ground beef in a slow cooker. Top with taco seasoning, course black pepper, garlic powder, diced vidalia onion, and salsa.
If cooking on high, cook for 3 hours; if cooking on low, cook for six hours.
Once done, if there is too much liquid, carefully drain/scoop out excess.
Serve in your desired fashion: taco salads, burritos, soft-shell/hard-shell tacos -- your choice!
- Use the leanest ground beef that you can find at the store.
- I prefer to use hot salsa, as I find that it has the most flavor; that said, use the salsa of your choice.
- For the excess liquid, I like to simply ladle it out of the crockpot -- it saves you from dirtying another dish.
Sodium: 1174mgCalcium: 49mgVitamin C: 7mgVitamin A: 1109IUSugar: 6gFiber: 3gPotassium: 538mgCholesterol: 81mgCalories: 343kcalTrans Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 10gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 9gFat: 23gProtein: 21gCarbohydrates: 14gIron: 3mg