Granny's Southern Pecan Pie
This is my granny's southern pecan pie recipe. It would be impossible to count how many slices of this I have enjoyed in her Southern Kentucky kitchen!
- 1 pre-made pie crust frozen, deep dish (unbaked)
- 1 c. pecans chopped
- 2 tbsp. Rivulet Pecan Liqueur
- 3 eggs
- 1 c. brown sugar + 1 tbsp. flour mixed together
- 2/3 c. white Karo syrup
- 1/2 stick of butter unsalted, melted
- 1 tbsp. vanilla I prefer a heavy handed tablespoon, allowing it to overflow the measuring spoon into the mixture
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
Preheat oven to 400F.
Combine all dry ingredients and mix. Add in wet ingredients and incorporate well. Beat the mixture until it turns caramel in color.
Pour into the pie crust and bake for 15 minutes on the bottom rack (tip: put an empty cookie sheet in the top rack to keep the crust from burning). Reduce heat to 350F and bake for another 40 minutes.
Serve warm and enjoy!
Sodium: 191mgCalcium: 61mgVitamin C: 1mgVitamin A: 108IUSugar: 46gFiber: 3gPotassium: 207mgCholesterol: 61mgCalories: 508kcalTrans Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 15gPolyunsaturated Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gFat: 28gProtein: 6gCarbohydrates: 59gIron: 2mg