Hey, y'all! Growing up in the country, I often heard the phrase "waste not, want not". That largely applied to food that was purchased for the home. I certainly agree now, as an adult, that this is best practice (both sustainably and economically). That said, I am guilty of wasting far more than I am proud of. What's the #1 food that you waste? For me, it's bananas - and to combat this, I'm excited to share my Healthy Banana Bread Recipe with y'all today!
This post was updated April 2021.
Healthy Banana Bread Recipe
JC's note: the magical part of this recipe is that the longer you've had the banana, the better. A ripe banana makes the bread more moist - and instead of throwing it out, you have a fantastic breakfast and/or dessert to make from it. To make it even easier to make, all of the other ingredients are ones that we often have on-hand, as well!
Enjoying my Healthy Banana Bread Recipe? Read my other blog posts here.
Healthy Banana Bread
- 3-5 large Bananas mashed well
- 1 ¾ c Whole Wheat Flour
- ⅓ c Olive Oil
- ¾ c Honey
- 2 large Eggs
- ⅓ c Milk
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray your baking pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk the olive oil and honey together. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together. Add it to the olive oil + honey mixture.
- Add in the mashed bananas and vanilla extract; stir well.
- Stir in the dry ingredients with a large wooden spoon until smooth and well-incorporated.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, checking for doneness with a toothpick. It is done when the toothpick comes out clean.
Did you enjoy my Healthy Banana Bread Recipe? Read my other blog posts here.
Keep Up With JCP Eats
Thank you so much for visiting the blog today! I’d love to keep in touch via social media. You can follow my content on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Tik Tok, Twitter, and LinkedIn. I also author a sister website to JCP Eats, Unabashedly Southern, on which I write about southern lifestyle. Read Unabashedly Southern here.