This post has been sponsored by Riviana Foods Inc. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
It’s 2020 and I know that many of us—myself included—are looking for wholesome, healthy recipes to make at home. I want to nourish my body and do it justice, yet not compromise on flavor. That’s where Minute® Ready to Serve Brown Rice comes to the rescue!
A key to healthy eating—and cooking—is having the perfect pantry staples. When shopping at my local Kroger, I try to be cognizant of what I buy to keep on hand; one of the items that I have found to be the key to my success is Minute Ready to Serve Rice. It’s the ideal solution for those of us working on our well-being, while simultaneously adding no time to our routines. Efficiency and health—sign me up!
While at Kroger, be sure to be on the lookout for savings. I love using my Kroger Plus Card when I shop to make sure I’m getting the best deals.
I find Minute Ready to Service Brown Rice to be the perfect add-on at dinner or for a quick lunch. It can be heated on the stovetop or made in the microwave, which is how I prepare it. Oh, and did I mention it takes less than 2 minutes to prepare? It’s also MSG free with no preservatives, Non-GMO project verified, and also vegetarian/vegan!
My most recent recipe, my homemade Pineapple Chicken, needed a filling, delicious base. I knew that brown rice would pair perfectly—and that it did!
I serve this dish inside of a pineapple for additional flavor + it’s an easy way to impress your guests. This will be a crowd—and family—pleaser, I assure you!
Pineapple Chicken + Minute Ready To Serve Brown Rice
- 1 Package (2 individual cups) of Minute® Ready to Serve Brown Rice
- 1 – 1.25 lbs. of Chicken Breast, cut into roughly 1-inch pieces (I start with thinly-sliced breast pieces, which you can also ask a butcher to do for you)
- 2 Fresh Pineapples
- 1 c. Pineapple Juice
- 1/3 c. Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1/3 c. Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp. Hoisin
- 2 tbsp. Cornstarch
- Garlic Powder, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Dice chicken breast into small slices/cubes, roughly one inch.
- In a skillet with extra virgin olive oil, cook the chicken. Season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Take two fresh pineapples and slice down the middle. The pineapples will serve as bowls for dish. Remove the core.
- Clear out 2/3 of the pineapple after coring it, dice into small pieces, and add to the chicken. Combine and allow the two to cook together.
- In a saucepan, combine pineapple juice, soy sauce, hoisin, brown sugar, cornstarch, and a dash of garlic powder. Over medium-high heat, allow ingredients to cook until they have the consistency of a syrup or thick glaze. Whisk frequently.
- After achieving the desired consistency for your glaze, add it to the chicken and pineapple.
- Cook Minute® Ready to Serve Brown Rice according to directions on the package.
- Fill pineapple bowls with half Minute® Ready to Serve Brown Rice and half Pineapple Chicken.
- Serve and enjoy!
All of the ingredients—including the Minute Ready to Serve Brown Rice—can be found at your local Kroger. I love shopping at Kroger because I can find everything I need in one stop: pantry staples, meat, unique ingredients, and so much more. Be sure to also check out three new Minute Ready To Serve items: Cilantro & Lime Jasmine Rice, Southwest Pinto Beans and Rice, and Garlic & Olive Oil Jasmine Rice!
As always: Happy Eating, Happy Traveling, Happy Living!
Y’all come back now, ya hear?