I hosted a dinner party for a magazine during the spring of 2019. The highlight of the meal, hands down, was the appetizer: My Whipped Feta and Honey. I made a triple batch and the entire bowl was scraped clean; my guests were, essentially, begging me for more. They left the meal with the promise that I would make it again (and again!) — and that, to me, is the sign of a successful recipe.
My friend Shelby wrote to me this morning about the recipe; she said that she was unable to find it here on the blog. I then realized that I never published the draft; thus, here I am writing this… months later.
I do hope that y’all will enjoy this recipe. It pairs perfectly with toasted bread, crostini, and/or your favorite dipper (ie: Wheat Thins). I served it at my dinner party with bread from Blue Dog Bakery and Cafe, one of my favorite places in Louisville, and used honey from a local apiarist from Southern Kentucky.
Whipped Feta and Honey
- 8 oz. crumbled feta
- 3 oz. cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/3 c. honey
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Mix crumbled feta, cream cheese, and olive oil together in a mixing bowl (I use my KitchenAid Mixer).
- Add honey to the mixture, combining until smooth.
- Sprinkle garlic powder, black pepper, and salt into the whipped feta and mix until well-combined.
- Top with a drizzle of honey.
As always: Happy Eating, Happy Traveling, Happy Living!
Y’all come back now, ya hear?
FTC: This is not a sponsored post; all opinions are my own.