This post was kindly sponsored by RITZ; however, as always, all opinions are my own.
Believe it or not: the holidays are right around the corner. I can’t even begin to comprehend how this year has passed so quickly; however, I say that each and every year. I’ve decided that life passes quickly and we must do our best to savor each moment, including the meals that we share with our families.
During the last few months of the year, I very much look forward to gatherings with those that I love most. These are memories that I cherish from my childhood, cherish now, and will continue to cherish into perpetuity. It’s for that reason that I have decided to pull out all of my party tricks this holiday season to impress my loved ones.
I love both RITZ crackers and Wheat Thins for a multitude of reasons. I’ve eaten them my entire life, thus they are nostalgic. Apart from that, they are flavorful and the perfect accompaniment to many dips, sides, and southern dishes. They will, undoubtedly, be a part of my 2019 Holiday – and to help you impress your guests, I’m sharing three of my favorite recipes to pair with them!
First and foremost, any host – especially a southerner – should serve pimento cheese. Why buy pre-bought when making it homemade is easy + so much better?
JC's Southern Pimento Cheese Sliders
1 Family-Size Package of Ritz Crackers
8 oz. Sharp Cheddar (yellow)
8 oz. Sharp Cheddar (white)
1/3 c. Mayo
3 oz. cream cheese, softened
1.5 heaping tbsp. of pimentos
Pinch of Salt, to taste
Pinch of Pepper, to taste
Dash of Hot Sauce, to taste
1 Package of Bacon
2-3 Green onions
- In a large bowl, combine the Sharp Cheddar (both yellow and white), Mayo, softened Cream Cheese, Pimentos, Salt, Pepper, and Hot Sauce until well-incorporated.
- Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate; for best results and flavor, make it a day ahead.
- Cook the bacon according to preference; due to the splattering of grease, I prefer to bake mine in the oven. Let bacon cool and chop finely.
- Place RITZ crackers onto a serving board. Spoon pimento cheese on top and garnish with bacon and green onion.
The next recipe is sure to impress any party-goer.
One way that love to use RITZ crackers is to use them like miniature sandwiches; on that note, you’re going to adore these ham, gruyere, and fig sliders!
Ham and Gruyere RITZ Sliders
1 Family-Size Package of RITZ Crackers
1/3 lb. Country Ham
8 oz. Gruyere Cheese
1 Jar of Fig Preserves (I recommend an orange/fig or honey/fig spread – however, plain fig jam will work as well!
- On one RITZ cracker, layer a small slice of country ham and gruyere cheese. Make as many as is needed for your party.
- Broil on high in your oven for roughly 1-2 minutes, watching closely for the cheese to melt.
- On another RITZ cracker, spread a generous amount of fig preserves and place it on top of a cracker with ham + gruyere (sandwich form).
Last, but not least, no holiday is complete without my Cheesy Sausage Dip. With the perfect amount of spice, it’s a party favorite and pairs perfectly with a box of Family-Size Wheat Thins. Pro tip: you will want to double this recipe, as it will be gobbled up by your guests!
Cheesy Sausage Dip
1 Family-Size Package of Wheat Thins
32 oz. Velveeta
16 oz. Hot Sausage
1 can of Rotel (I prefer to use the No Salt Added Version)
Garlic Powder, to taste
Pepper, to taste
- In a large pot (I use my Dutch Oven), brown the sausage. Do not remove grease.
- Add the Velveeta, Rotel, Garlic Powder, and Pepper; stir until well-combined and allow the cheese to melt.
- This dip is best served warm over low heat; you can also make it in a crockpot!
- Use Wheat Thins to dip & enjoy!
Entertaining is stressful – but, it doesn’t have to be. Holiday hosting with Family-Size RITZ crackers + Family-Size Wheat Thins is an easy, foolproof way to impress all of your guests. With these three recipes in your repertoire, I know that you will have the most memorable party of the season!
Oh, and who doesn’t love to save money?! Be sure to take advantage of the Rollback Offer at Walmart this season — you can score a Family-Size box of RITZ crackers for only $2.98!
As always: Happy Eating, Happy Traveling, Happy Living.
Y’all come back now, ya hear?