I’m currently writing this while sitting in the air conditioning and drinking a Diet Coke at Dollywood (more on why I am here later); that said, I want to go old school on y’all & write an impromptu blog post. As someone that has been in this industry for roughly a decade, this used to very much be the norm. And I miss it. Question: Would y’all want to see more posts like this?
That said, I was recently working on a campaign with Kroger on Instagram. I was to create a fall-appropriate dish and decided to make something very easy, inexpensive, and family-friendly. So many of y’all on Instagram have reached out to me saying that you + your children have loved this snack idea – thus, I thought I’d share it here on the blog.
Oven-Roasted, Peanut Butter S'mores Apples
note: this is for two halved apples; this recipe is SO easy to adjust to your quantity needs.
2 Tbsp. Crunchy (or your preference of) Peanut Butter
2 Tsp. Honey
2 Large Marshmallows
Cinnamon, to taste
Nutmeg, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Prepare the apples by cutting them in half and carefully removing the core.
- Roast the apples until they are fork-tender, roughly 25-30 minutes.
- Pull the apples out of the oven, spoon peanut butter into the middle, and top with a jumbo marshmallow.
- Broil until the marshmallow is toasted to your preference.
- Remove from oven and top the apples with honey, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
How easy is that? An easy, healthy, and filling treat for your family this fall!
As always: Happy Eating, Happy Traveling, Happy Living.
Y’all come back now, ya hear?
FTC: This is not a sponsored post; all opinions expressed are my own.