Sausage, cheese, cream cheese, biscuits… how can you go wrong with a combination like that?
Today I am excited to bring to y’all one of my favorite Saturday morning recipes. It doesn’t get much easier; apart from that, they are filling, quick, and are sure to please a crowd. I love preparing dishes that taste more impressive than their preparation; as a home cook, I think that is a key to ensuring quality!
Growing up on the farm, sausage was a staple at breakfast time – well, that and biscuits, of course! The skillets used in my grandmother’s kitchen certainly outdate me (and probably my father). The recipes? Even older!
While I didn’t grow up eating these Sausage, Cheddar, and Cream Cheese Biscuit Bites, they are inspired by my childhood and by my upbringin’ south of the Mason-Dixon, as many of my recipes are.
If you make these for your family (or, well, for yourself, as I do), they won’t disappoint – that I assure you.
Sausage, Cheddar, and Cream Cheese Biscuit Bites
Ingredients (can be easily doubled, tripled, etc):
1 lb (16 oz) Hot Country Sausage (you can use mild if you prefer)
2 cans of biscuits (I like to use Pillsbury Grands Flaky Layered Biscuits)
1/2 c. shredded mild cheddar
1/2 c. shredded sharp cheddar
8 oz. cream cheese
1.5 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Fully brown the sausage; drain the grease (I like to keep just a little of it).
- Add sausage into a mixing bowl along with the mild cheddar, sharp cheddar, cream cheese (softened), and Worcestershire sauce.
- Mix well.
- Split each biscuit in half horizontally.
- Lightly spray your muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Place each biscuit into the muffin tin; I find it best to press some of the dough up against the corners, more or less covering the entire hole with dough.
- Evenly scoop the sausage, cheese, and cream cheese mixture into the biscuit dough.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, allowing biscuits to brown.
These are, as I like to say, Write Your MeeMaw Good, y’all.
From my kitchen to your’s — enjoy!
As always: Happy Eating, Happy Traveling, Happy Living!
Y’all come back now, ya hear?
FTC: This is not a sponsored post and all opinions are my own.