I have super exciting news: I am going to be published in my first national cookbook!
My friends at the Great American Turkey Company asked chefs and food writers alike to contribute recipes for the first Great American Turkey Company Cookbook (sign up for early access to the cookbook here)! Upon release, copies can be purchased on Amazon.
While this was an exciting opportunity in and of itself, it was even more exciting to get to work with their fantastic products!
There are three promises when it comes to products from the Great American Turkey Company; they are:
- Epically Delicious
- Fresh, lean turkey cuts in chef-created marinades
- Awesomely Easy
- Pan-ready portions and a shelf-life that is extended naturally and safely
- Honestly Good
- A low-fat protein source, raised on humanely-raised, family-owned, American farms
Find where you can purchase products from the Great American Turkey Company HERE!
Now, the food – my recipe! It’s quick, easy, healthy — and better yet, filling! I designed this dish for the gal or the gent on the go; life gets busy, I know that all too well! One could easily come home and prepare this meal in a time slot comparable to getting in the car and driving to a restaurant to grab a to-go order and/or fast food. However, it is so much better for you!
Smoked Mozzarella + Broccoli Rabe Turkey Sausage Bowl
1 Package of Great American Turkey Company Smoked Mozzarella + Broccoli Rabe Sausage
16 oz Whole-Grain Orzo
6 oz Basil Pesto, store-bought or homemade
16 oz kale, washed and dried
2 tbsp Olive oil
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
Garlic powder, to taste
Onion powder, to taste
- Cook orzo according to directions, draining off any excess water. Add 6 oz of Basil Pesto to the orzo and mix well. Set aside for later use.
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil over medium-high heat. Gently place whole Great American Turkey Company Smoked Mozzarella and Broccoli Rabe Sausages in the oil, flipping often, and cooking until browned. The internal temperature should reach 160-165F.
- Place sausages aside; in the same skillet, over medium-high heat, add 1 tbsp. of olive oil and sauté the kale. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder – all to taste. Flip with tongs and cook until partially wilted, yet still crisp. This will take roughly 2-3 minutes.
- In a bowl, plate a base of the pesto orzo, add a middle layer of sautéed kale, and place the turkey sausages on top; if desired, drizzle additional pesto over the dish.
- Serve immediately!
I am so honored to have been asked to be a part of this project! Don’t forget to sign up for early access to the cookbook!
As always: Happy Eating, Happy Traveling, Happy Living.
Y’all come back now, ya hear?
FTC: This is a commissioned post; however, as always, all opinions are my own.