I hope that your New Year is off to a great start. January 1st marks a change in the lives of many, myself included. I promote food positivity, not diet culture; that’s why I am so tickled to be partnering with Kroger on their Simple Truth line.Kroger simply wants to help people live their best lives in 2019; with so many diet fads focusing on what you should eat less of, Kroger is focusing on the items to eat more of. That’s a mission that I can get behind!
In your local community, Kroger is your one-stop shop for quality, healthy food. When shopping, look for the Simple Truth label. Located all throughout the store, Simple Truth foods are free from 101+ artificial preservatives and ingredients! Thus, there is no worry as to how the food was raised, processed, and/or acquired. That, to me, means everything.
For today’s recipe, I decided to work with the Simple Truth Raw Shrimp (both peeled and deveined). Shrimp is, simply put, my favorite meat. It’s versatile and flexible – two qualities that I very much appreciate in food.
I developed an easy, foolproof shrimp recipe that can be used in a multitude of ways. Eat them as described and simply dip them in cocktail sauce; if that doesn’t tickle your fancy, use them in salad, tacos, pasta, or soup! How easy is that?
1 Bag Simple Truth Raw Shrimp, Peeled & Deveined
3 lemons, juiced
1 tsp. lemon zest
¼ c. olive oil
1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. chopped parsley
Salt, to taste
- Follow instructions, as provided, for the shrimp.
- In a large bowl, combine lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil, Italian Seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt; mix well.
- Add shrimp to the marinade, stir well, and cover with cling wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Over medium-high heat, add shrimp and marinade into a large skillet. Preparation time depends on size, though typically is around 2 minutes per side (4 minutes total). Shrimp, when done, are pink and have an opaque, white flesh.
- Garnish with finely chopped parsley and serve!
I believe that there is power in food. It sustains us, and most importantly, it brings us together. That’s my culinary truth – and the Simple Truth line at Kroger is perpetuating that notion. For that, I thank them.
Also, be sure to check out the Simple Truth Digital Coupon Event on the Kroger app – there are so many savings to be had! The event ends on February 5th, 2019.
Tell me – what’s your favorite way to eat shrimp? I think I’m going to use these in a salad for lunch and inside a burrito for dinner. Yum!
As always: Happy Eating, Happy Traveling, Happy Living.
Y’all come back now, ya hear?
FTC: This is a commissioned post; however, all opinions are my own.