How’s your week going? I finally feel like I am starting to get into a routine again, Lord willin’ and the creek don’t rise. I’m so thankful!
I was recently featured in a cookbook released here in Kentucky – Jeptha Creed: Kitchen Collection. A special thank you to my friends at Jeptha Creed for partnering with me for this book! I am honored to be a small part of their efforts – a kickass, woman-owned business here in the Commonwealth. They are movers + shakers!
Today, I’m sharing my recipe for Jeptha Creed Southern Fried Green Tomatoes + Vodka Aioli with y’all. They are finger lickin’ good!
Fried Green Tomatoes are sentimental for me; they remind me of the farm, of growing up in the country, of meals at home in Russell County. They are reminiscent of my childhood; and for that reason, they will forever be one of my favorite foods.
For the breading, I used Jeptha Creed’s Bloody Butcher Corn Meal, which is a product of their Shelby County-grown Bloody Butcher Corn. I also infused the aioli dipping sauce with their Hot Pepper Vodka, which amps it up like we enjoy doing here in the Bluegrass State!
Jeptha Creed Southern Fried Green Tomatoes & Vodka Aioli
- Green Tomatoes, sliced
- 1.5 c. Jeptha Creed Bloody Butcher Cornmeal
- 1.5 c. all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp. water
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Sugar, to taste
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 1/4 c. ketchup
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Jeptha Creed Hot Pepper Vodka to taste, starting with 1 tbsp.
- After slicing tomatoes, heavily salt and pepper both sides. After that, sprinkle a little sugar on either side to both cut bitterness and amplify the natural flavor of the green tomatoes. Allow tomatoes to rest on a baking pan lined with parchment paper for a few minutes.
- In three separate bowls, set up a dipping station. From left to right and in order of use: all-purpose flour, the eggs whisked with the water, Jeptha Creed Bloody Butcher Cornmeal.
- Cover each tomato slice with all-purpose flour, fully coat in the egg + water mixture, and coat liberally with Jeptha Creed Bloody Butcher Cornmeal. Repeat for each slice.
- Fry in olive oil.
- Stir together all ingredients, minus the Jeptha Creed Hot Pepper Vodka.
- Starting with 1 tbsp, add in the vodka to taste.
- Refrigerate until serving.
As always, Happy Eating, Happy Traveling, Happy Living!
Y’all come back now, ya hear?
FTC: This is a sponsored post; all opinions, however, are my own.