I hope you had a lovely weekend. Mine was spent at the wedding of a dear friend in Horse Cave, Kentucky. It was beautiful — love is always a reason to celebrate!
Now I’m back in the office and it’s a hectic week!
When that is the case, I often struggle with what I want to prepare for quick meals. I don’t like to sacrifice flavor or deliciousness; I also try my best not to frequent the fast food window.
Enter avocado toast — or, if you’re like me, avocado bagels.
You heard me correctly.
Two of my favorite things.
The only way to make it better? Topping it with Smithfield Bacon, of course!
Smithfield Bacon Avocado Bagels
- 1 Everything Bagel (or the bread/bagel of your choice)
- 1 Avocado
- 1/2 Lemon
- Everything But The Bagel Seasoning, to taste
- Smithfield Bacon
- Cook bacon according to taste (I like mine extra crispy + baked)
- Mash the avocado in a bowl
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice into avocado, mix
- Spread the avocado liberally on the bagel
- Cut bacon and add to the top of the bagel
- Top with Everything But The Bagel Seasoning, to taste
It doesn’t get much easier – or more delicious – than this, y’all!
PS – Smithfield is giving away bacon for LIFE! Enter here.
As always, Happy Eating, Happy Traveling, Happy Living.
Y’all come back now, ya hear?
FTC: This is a sponsored post; all opinions are my own.