I’m coming to you today with, arguably, my most decadent recipe to date: my rich and delicious crock-pot mac & cheese! This is a heavy dish, a comfort food, and certainly something that you will want to cuddle up with this fall and winter.
This would be perfect for a tailgate, for a party, or for a large family. I’m not listing a serving size due to relativity; however, this recipe will feed a lot and can be easily doubled!
The magical thing about a dish this heavy is that it can be a side or main dish; in all honesty, I prefer it to be the main course. You could elevate it by added a freshly cooked lobster tail to it; however, it’s flavorful and satisfying enough as is!
JC's Crock-Pot Mac & Cheese
- 16 oz. box of elbow macaroni (or the pasta of your choice)
- 16 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 oz. evaporated milk
- 1 c. whole milk (add more if needed throughout the process for desired consistency)
- 1 stick of butter, cubed
- 4 oz. good parmesan cheese
- Pinch of: salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, onion powder (all to taste)
- 2 c. panko bread crumbs
- Combine all ingredients, minus the bread crumbs, in the crock-pot
- Cook on low for roughly 2-3 hours, stirring on occasion and monitoring progress
- In the oven, briefly toast your bread crumbs (I cover them in butter beforehand)
- Serve with bread crumbs on the side, which allows for each diner to have their desired amount
- Tip: Line your crock-pot with a slow-cooker liner for easy clean up
- Tip: To speed up the process, partially cook your pasta on the stove before adding it to the crock-pot with the other ingredients
As always, Happy Eating, Happy Traveling, Happy Living!
Y’all come back now, ya hear?
FTC: This post is not sponsored; all opinions are my own.