I hope the weekend treated both you & yours well. I’m coming to you today with one of my favorite recipes – it’s easy, healthy (in the realm of breads), and useful!
If you are like me, you hate to see food go to waste. I must admit that I am guilty of it far more than I am proud of. For example: when it comes to grocery store produce, there is one item that I always buy, yet always waste: bananas.
Enter banana bread.
The magical part of it is that the longer you’ve had the banana, the better. A ripe banana makes the bread more moist – and instead of throwing it out, you have a fantastic breakfast and/or dessert that will make you drool!
Healthy Banana Bread
- 3-5 large bananas, mashed well (the riper, the better. Use as many as you have!)
- 1 3/4 c. white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 c. olive oil
- 1/2 c. honey
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 c. vanilla soy milk (or the milk of your choice)
- 2 heaping tsp. vanilla extract (extra is always better, in my opinion.)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray your baking pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk the olive oil and honey together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together. Add it to the olive oil + honey mixture.
- Add in the mashed bananas; stir well.
- Add in the vanilla extract.
- Stir in the dry ingredients with a large wooden spoon.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, checking for doneness with a toothpick. It is done when the toothpick comes out clean.
As always, Happy Eating, Happy Traveling, Happy Living!
Y’all come back now, ya hear?
FTC: This is not a sponsored post; all opinions are my own.